Camping is an excellent way to see a country up-close and personal. In fact, if you are visiting Croatia, you should consider setting up a tent and hiking in and around the beautiful city of Rovinj. If you are new to camping, here are a few tips that should help you out.
• Choose camping spots that are located uphill. People are more likely to look down rather than look up and you are more likely to get more privacy. You can also see people who are climbing up to your camp.
• Choose green or earth-toned tents for your camping trip. It blends into the background and you are less likely to have animals and humans wandering into your personal space.
• Health standards in Croatia are good. Vaccinations are not required to travel to the city and you can drink tap water quite comfortably. However, if you have a sensitive tummy, you should carry bottled water.
• Croatia has wonderful nightlife. Rovinj, in particular, is a tourist town and events are held during the summer. You can enjoy live music, art, theater performances, etc. Don’t forget to check the local events calendar before you travel.
• Rovinj is a seaside town and local anglers still reel in their daily catch. You can enjoy fresh seafood on the pier at local mom-and-pop restaurants, clubs, pubs and discs.
• Some campsites do allow you to cook outdoors on outdoor fires but you will have to check Rovinj camping rules and regulations before you start a fire.
• A few camping spots do offer free camping for tourists. However, these spots may be crowded and you may not be comfortable with the people. We recommend you find paid camping areas as they will have all the amenities and you will be much more comfortable.
You may find it a little difficult to choose a camping site as Croatia has more than 150 different camping sites. Some areas also offer naturist camping areas for interested visitors. You can always check a website like campingrovinjvrsar.com to find the latest and most affordable campsites in Rovinj, Croatia.